Wednesday, July 20, 2011

poodle lecture 101

This morning Gus was on a barking rampage outside as another dog walked by our house.  Blinn said "somebody needs to make him stop that".  Being the helpful wife I am, I continued to prune my geranium on the back porch.  Blinn then went out back to address the barking and I hear this stomp-stomp-stomp hustling towards me.  Trey is now outside and yelling as loud as his can
"Gus!  Gus!  You stop that.  Come here Gus"!

Whether it was Daddy or Trey who got Gus to run back into the house, Trey took credit for it and said
"I got him back in, I go talk to him". 

Trey followed Gus to the living room and we listened as he crouched down towards Gus' level and began his lecture:

"Gus, you caaaaannnn't bark.  That dog bad.  He a bad dog.  He KILL you Gus.  Okay Gus, OKAYYY"? 

Something must have stuck, we didn't hear a peep out of Gus for the rest of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment